Vela Systems, Inc.November 2010
Use the iPad and cloud computing to change your construction business.
Vela Systems’ mission is to revolutionize the construction industry by changing the way that work in the field is done and managed. Vela Systems provides Field Management Software for construction. Unlike carrying pads of paper and tubes of drawings on the jobsite, Vela Systems combines mobile technologies like the iPad and mobile phones at the point of construction with Web-based reporting for management.
- Document Library: Manage documents, plans, and specs for the job team online, and then distribute them to the field on the iPad for viewing AND sketch/markup right on the iPad.
- Issues and Punchlists: Create and manage issues from any phase of construction or checklist.
- Checklists (QA/QC): Build and execute on quality (or any other) checklists for your project or company.
- Safety: Conduct safety inspections based on positive and negative observations.
- Commissioning: Execute prefunctional, functional, startup, and other tests for systems and equipment.
- Setup Manager: Set up and manage your company, projects, users, checklist libraries, and more all on your own.
- Vela Mobile: Anyone with a Blackberry® or other e-mail compatible device on the jobsite can take photos and send them into Vela as issues to be managed.
- Vela Reports: Web-based reporting platform for all of your Vela activities. Turns your field data into powerful information for managing quality, safety, and risk at your projects and company.
“Cloud Computing” Based
- Unlimited users and unlimited file storage; access via Internet.
- Field access to electronic documents.
- Projects are accelerated by 3-10 days/month due to faster distribution of issues to all parties.
- Executives can reduce costly rework.
- Customers win bids by showing the better, faster field information they are able to deliver to the owner using Vela Systems and field ready iPad computers. ■
Don’t take our word for it—hear it directly from our customers www.velasystems.com in YouTube video testimonials, webinars, and case studies or give us a ring at 888.Vela.Sys.
Download a pdf version of this article. | Adobe Reader is required.