Presto Geosystems 2010November 2010
Presto Geosystems—your trusted partner consistently providing quality, innovative, competitive, and customer-focused soil stabilization and stormwater solutions.
With 30 years of experience and innovation, Presto Geosystems® offers the best value to our customers by delivering premier product quality, exceptional service and support, and environmentally friendly products for soil and water problems that provide reduced life-cycle cost and aesthetic benefits.
QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE
The Presto Geoweb® system is the original cellular confinement system developed for creating solutions to challenging soil stabilization problems. Genuine Geoweb has always been manufactured in the USA from high-quality, high-strength polyethylene so quality and performance are always dependable.
GEOWEB® KEY APPLICATIONS
Geoweb Load Support: Economical system solves unacceptable road, parking, and yard surface problems.
- 3D structure stabilizes infill and controls shearing, lateral, and vertical movement. Allows use of less costly on-site infill materials. Reduces base material requirements and costs by half.
- Beneficial for load distribution over weak soils, base stabilization for paved surfaces, and surface stabilization for unpaved surfaces.
Geoweb Slope Protection: Creates a stable environment for and long-term sustainability of embankment material.
- 3D structure reinforces the upper soil layer and resists erosive conditions and sliding forces beyond limits of other systems. Long-term solution for sustainable vegetation, permeable aggregate, hard-armored concrete, or geomembrane protection.
- Reduces land space requirements and costs by allowing slopes to be designed steeper than when unconfined.
Geoweb Channel Protection: Ensures stability and protection of channels exposed to all types of erosive conditions.
- Effective with low or high, intermittent or continuous flows. Can be designed to withstand the highest velocities with appropriate infill materials.
- Research substantiates the effectiveness of the vegetated Geoweb/TRM system for sustaining velocities as high as 30 ft/sec (9m/sec). Vegetation can replace costly rip rap in drainage ditches and stormwater channels. *CSU Research Results. ■
Download a pdf version of this article. | Adobe Reader is required.