Stoltz Site Spreaders 2009November 2009
Now in the third generation of ownership, the company was founded in 1945 by Christian Umble Stoltzfus. In 1968, the company was incorporated under the name C.U. Stoltzfus Mfg., Inc., with Mr. Stoltzfus serving as president, chairman of the board, and chief inventor. Under Mr. Stoltzfus’ guidance, the company was one of the nation’s pioneers in the design and manufacture of agricultural lime spreaders, now sold under the Stoltzfus Spreaders® brand name. These spreaders made possible the application of inexpensive stockpiled (wet) lime, a feat that previously had been a difficult and labor intensive undertaking. With over 4,700 units in operation, these premium lime spreaders have earned an excellent reputation in the agricultural community both in the United States and abroad.
Continuing the history of innovation, the company introduced a new line of pneumatically loaded soil stabilization spreaders to the construction industry in 1995. Sold under the Stoltz Site Spreader® brand name, these spreaders revolutionized the industry as construction companies were finally able to apply large quantities of lime, cement, fly ash, and similar materials accurately and with limited dust. Many of our customers are repeat customers, owning both truck-mounted spreaders and trailer spreaders.
To learn more about spreaders, please visit us at www.cementspreaders.com or call 800.843.8731. ■
Download a pdf version of this article. | Adobe Reader is required.